Vice President of Land Entitlement
LocationToll Brothers - Orange, California 92861 United States
CategoryLand Acquisition - Management
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredA college degree is preferred but not required
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning company!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers, America’s leading luxury home builder, seeks a Vice President of Land Entitlement to manage the land entitlement and permitting processes for our developments throughout Orange, California.
What is the opportunity?
The Land Entitlements VP is responsible for obtaining local, state & federal entitlements, engineering/surveying approvals for future communities (including platting when required prior to site development commencement), providing land acquisition analysis & costing, assisting with land purchase agreements & HOA document formation, and communicating with land stakeholders.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Government/Regulatory entitlements & engineering approvals for all communities from inception thru final acceptance, including bond exoneration, when deemed appropriate.
- Land Acquisition Analysis: Due Diligence, Zoning Evaluation, Approval Process & Timeline.
- Creation and review of HOA documents, review of deeds, plats, easements.
- Critical review of plans, & value engineering reviews.
- All other duties as assigned.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
You have experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- Analytical Skills: Capable of forward thinking to the benefit of the organization. Analyzes information; identifying discrepancies and inconsistencies.
- Fosters Teamwork: Provides assistance, information, or support to others as needed.
- Results Orientation: Able to concentrate on setting goals and meeting or exceeding them.
- Maintains a commitment to completing tasks on a timeline.
- Communication: When speaking and writing, uses appropriate grammar, organizes ideas clearly, and articulates ideas concisely. Should be comfortable with public speaking.
- Problem Solving: Applies creative problem-solving to address business needs and issues.
- Technical Knowledge:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Do you have these qualifications?
- A minimum of ten years of experience managing complex project entitlement and permitting.
- A minimum of five years of experience managing direct reports.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies and influencing the public decision-making process.
- Project Management skills to take projects from the feasibility stage through entitlement and engineering approvals.
- Experience with a National/Regional homebuilder.
- Public speaking/presentation experience.
- A four-year degree in Land/Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, 401(K) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.