Senior Land Development Manager
LocationToll Brothers - Orlando, Florida 32801 United States
CategoryLand Development - Management
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredA college degree is preferred but not required
Job TypeFull Time
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers, America's Luxury Home Builder, seeks a Senior Land Development Manager to develop, implement and monitor site improvements for our communities in Orlando, Florida.
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Land Development Manager will independently oversee entitlement, estimating, budgeting, development, and dedication of site improvements and feasibility studies for new communities. This position is recognized as an expert within Land Development and serves as a resource for best practices on projects.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Field Operations
- Overseeing daily land development field operations for multiple projects
- Managing contractors, verifying work completed/monitoring progress
- Leading meetings with governmental agencies/inspectors/HOA’s
- Coordinating land development work with homebuilding operations
- Lead project dedication and bond release work
- Request proposals, preparation & bid solicitation, negotiation, award, and contracting for professional services, attorneys & consultants
- Manage & direct engineering & professional consultant objectives, schedules & work product
- Facilitate project approvals/entitlements/land use and zoning changes through coordination with sellers, brokers, agency review staff, governmental officials, elected officials, & Toll Ops.
- Initiate & obtain wetlands permits, Environmental Site Assessments, noise, fiscal & transportation studies as needed for approvals & Zoning efforts
- Work with utility consultants & provide load requirements & assist with franchise utilities (electric, gas, telephone, CATV, water, sewer) dry utility layout
- Assist with preparation of HOA documents, possibly serve on HOA BOD’s
- Track, monitor, update project approvals timelines & schedules & routinely distribute to team
- Office Operations
- Maintenance and oversite of project schedules
- Maintenance and oversite of project budgets
- Invoice review/coding, preparing and issuing Purchase Orders, Change Orders & Land Development Contracts
- Analyses, negotiation and recommendations for justification of awards of bids/contracts
- Land Acquisition Direction - Performing due diligence review, understanding/leading entitlements, preparing approvals, development schedules & development budgets
- Entitlements and approvals management - (managing consultants, plan review, value engineering)
- Budget, bid, contract and RFP generation and review
- Oversight of Bond & LOC acquisition, management, reduction and release
- All other duties as assigned
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 company!
Does this describe you?
- You have experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- Analytical Thinking: Able to collect, sort and analyze data: Advanced
- Communicating: Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels, both internally and externally: Advanced
- Initiative: A self-starter, able to identify problems and solve them: Advanced
- Technical Knowledge:
- Scheduling Software: Advanced
- Microsoft Office Suite: Advanced
- Construction Drawing Comprehension: Expert
- Entitlements/Due Diligence: Advanced
Do you have these qualifications?
- 8+ years’ experience in Land Development Management
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Value Engineering experience
- Ability to improvise/adapt/overcome obstacles
- Potential to manage ALDM’s & LDM’s (Supervisory Experience 2+ years)
- Ability to prepare management level presentations for project status, schedule and financial performance
- Experience managing complex projects & schedules
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- EIT or Professional Engineering License
- Ability to lead regular management meetings with cross-functional project teams for multiple projects
- Knowledge of local market for contracting, manpower, pricing, & entitlements
- Mentoring/Management experience
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers and Toll Land Development have been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.