Senior Development & Construction Manager (Student Housing)
LocationToll Brothers Apartment Living - Chicago, Illinois 60176 United States
CategoryProject Management - Multi-Family/Apartment/Condo
Percentage Travel Required75%
Education RequiredBachelor's Degree
Job TypeFull Time
Join One of the World's Most Admired Companies!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers Campus Living, the luxury student housing division of Toll Brothers, America's Luxury Home Builder, has an outstanding opportunity for a multi-dimensional Senior Development & Construction Manager for our team. This position will be assigned initially to a Student Housing project in South Bend, Indiana.
What is the opportunity?
This opportunity is for an organized, technically proficient individual with a love of real estate development who wants to be involved in all aspects of the real estate development process.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Collaborate with and support the regional Apartment Living development team in evaluating new multifamily development opportunities and on-going projects already in development as well as supporting asset management of existing properties.
- Prepare and maintain proformas and other financial models for the evaluation of new real estate developments, joint ventures, bank loans and other project finance activities.
- Analyze and produce development, construction budgets and estimates.
- Assist in gathering due diligence reports and materials for development opportunities
- Provide support for acquisition, financing and, disposition process for multifamily developments.
- Prepare financial modeling to support and guide acquisition and asset management decisions.
- Prepare and present presentation materials on development opportunities for internal and external use.
- Analyze and monitor financial performance of properties including financial modeling, benchmarking to budget, and collaborating with management in executing business plans.
- Direct the development of site and building design documents. Provide input throughout the design process for improved building, unit, amenity and site programming and layout.
- Assist in bidding, scoping & buy-out of development and construction costs payment processing
- Participate in the leadership of new construction projects
- Process RFIs, submittals, change orders & directives
- Analyze the overall market and monitor industry trends
- Assist in transaction sourcing
- Manage all members of the internal project team to ensure compliance with project schedule and budget.
- Manage all members of the external team of engineers, architects, other consultants, subcontractors and vendors to ensure compliance with project schedule and budget.
- Responsible for the oversight of the daily project activities of the third-party construction manager on-site team and all trade subcontractors.
- Review monthly report completed by the third-party construction manager.
- Conducts all business in an ethical and professional manner while serving stakeholders and increasing the goodwill and profit of the company
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
- Natural leader with strong communication skills
- Strong technical inclination along with a problem-solving mindset.
- A team player who can communicate clearly and forcefully with individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences
Do you have these qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 Years relevant multi-family development experience or other relevant real estate training or experience
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.