LocationToll Brothers - St. Johns, Florida 32259 United States
CategoryPurchasing - Management
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredA college degree is preferred but not required
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning luxury home builder!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers, America's Leading Luxury Home Builder, is seeking a Purchasing Manager for our office in St. Johns, Florida.
What is the opportunity?
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for contracting trade partners for labor and material items for each cost code they manage. In this capacity, the individual will work with local trade partners, national/regional suppliers, and distributors to continuously find opportunities for negotiating cost savings for their trade categories. This role will partner with Operations to ensure proper trade partners are bid, negotiated, and awarded. This role will also serve as a resource of the National Purchasing team, supporting company cost savings initiatives.
What are the role’s primary responsibilities?
- Budgeting/Contracting of trade categories in the Division
- Collaborate with Community Planning to develop community specifications and trade budgets for new land deals and new community openings
- Bid, negotiate, and approve trade partner contracts in partnership with division Operations leaders
- Manage contract maintenance and scopes of work updates for their trade assignments
- Partner with Community Planning, Architecture, and other functions to ensure new plan development is looked at through the lens of value engineering and SKU optimization
- Partner with Architecture to ensure national guidance is adhered to for room and option naming
- Recommend strategic sourcing strategies to lower total cost of ownership
- Apply national strategies to local market, unbundling labor and material pricing, where applicable
- Oversee the model home rebate collection process
- Conduct industry benchmarking studies
- Analytics/Process Improvement
- Perform financial analysis of the impact of new and existing contracts
- Determine the financial health of trade partners, notify others of potential problems
- Analyze total spend by trade category, supplier, community, etc. to identify opportunities to leverage spending for greater savings
- Product optimization, SKU demand planning
- Determine optimum product specifications and ensure there is alignment with national and regional agreements
- Optimize overall SKU availability in order to reduce cost, administrative burden and increase procurement accuracy
- Develop an understanding of trade partners’ cost drivers
- Trade Partner Relationship Management
- Facilitate a collaborative environment with trade partners, local distributors and manufacturers
- Measure trade partner performance, track and counsel
- Act as an intermediary with trade partners and Operations personnel to maintain quality standards of production and cost effectiveness
Excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
- Organizes and articulates ideas clearly and concisely
- Creative problem-solver
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of forward thinking to the benefit of the organization.
- Ability to analyze information; identifying discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Specific knowledge and a complete technical understanding of assigned product categories
- Able to utilize department specific technologies to solve business challenges
- Demonstrated ability to monitor progress and make changes as required
- Able to plan and prioritize while focusing on detail orientation and effective time management
- Collaborative and able to work with trade partners and employees across multiple departments
Do you have these qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or Supply Chain Management (or extensive experience in the residential homebuilding industry)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in contracting and negotiating pricing of building materials or some experience in the residential building sector
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, and aptitude to learn new software programs (E1)
- Hands-on residential construction experience
- Supply Chain certification
- Experience with EnterpriseOne (E1) and BuildPro software
- Experience with Energy Star requirements, Green Building concepts, sustainability, etc.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k), discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.