LocationToll Brothers - Charlotte, North Carolina 28226 United States
CategoryPurchasing - Management
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredBachelor's Degree
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning luxury home builder!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers, America's builder of luxury homes, is seeking a Purchasing Director to oversee vendor and subcontractor relations and management of all related contracts in our division located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Purchasing Director position is a senior level cost strategist that is an integral part of the division leadership team. They oversee the purchasing function that is accountable for all aspects of divisional purchasing to include, developing, negotiating, and executing local vendor agreements for all trade categories. This role will work with the Director of Community Design & Start Up on new community set up and support the Cost Manager role in ensuring pricing for Design Studio options/customs. The Purchasing Director will also ensure compliance to national purchasing policies/specifications/scopes throughout the division.
- Oversee purchasing staff with trade partner negotiation and contracts
- Manage relationships with local trade partners, manufacturers and distributors; either directly or through the management of their purchasing team
- Manage new community contracting to strive for complete contracting before a community opens for sale
- Oversee contract maintenance component of contracting to reduce dependence on EPOs
- Measure trade partner performance, track, and counsel
- Analytics/Process Improvement/Supply Chain Optimization
- Drive a culture of cost awareness and cost savings strategies through SKU rationalization, new business processes, streamlining processes and aggressive bidding of contracts
- Analyze total spend by: trade category, supplier, community, option sales, etc. to identify opportunities to leverage spending for greater savings
- Partner with National Purchasing to leverage company spend/size to drive divisional savings
- Drive cost savings strategies by working with other stacks on architectural reviews and value engineering of new plan designs and product specifications
- Work with Land/Forward Planning to prepare preliminary cost estimates for new land deals
- Recommend strategic sourcing strategies to lower/mitigate costs/increases
- Unit Pricing/Unbundling of Trade Categories
- Fulfill unit price "unbundling" strategy in key trade categories to gain greater visibility into material and labor costs
- Work with in-house or third-party estimating resources to provide take offs for this "unbundling" strategy
- Review and monitor EPOs/Custom Option costs in the division
- Ensure vigilant contract maintenance to cut down on EPO spend
- Work closely with division Controller and APMs to control cost overruns with requests for extras from the field
- Work with cost managers/design studio on custom option requests from the studios
- Manage the custom option request process of the purchasing team by costing the custom option request ahead of time and inputting into BuildPro
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, or Supply Chain Management (or extensive experience in the residential homebuilding industry)
- 7-10 years of experience in contracting and negotiating residential homebuilder subcontractor contracts/building materials/supply chain management
- Experience managing a team
- Solid knowledge of residential building plans and materials from foundation to finish
- Experience with J.D. Edwards ERP software is a plus
We offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k), discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.