LocationTBI Mortgage - Fort Washington, Pennsylvania 19034 United States
CategoryMortgage - Operations
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredCollege Degree Not Required
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning industry leader!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
TBI Mortgage, America's Leading Luxury Lender, seeks a Mortgage Underwriter for our corporate office in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. There is flexibility for remote work.
What is the opportunity?
Primary responsibility is for the careful review and underwriting of applicants and their loans as submitted by loan originators to determine the acceptability of the applicant’s credit risk and the borrower’s ability to repay the loan. Tasks include a complete review of the credit, income, asset, and collateral to be financed for acceptable type, risk, and value, to ensure overall qualification for, and strict compliance with, specific product/program criteria for the loan program under which the loan application was taken, and the loan is intended to close. Loans must be reviewed timely to meet compliance guidelines.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Careful review of the application and loan package to ensure completeness and compliance with any local, state, and/or federal rules, regulations, guidelines, and laws.
- Detailed review of the loan terms to ensure compliance with any and all Secondary Market Investor’s and/or insuring entity’s Program/Product criteria, guidelines, and requirements.
- Notification to the loan originator and/or processor, as needed, of any additional and/or missing information or documentation needed to make an accurate underwriting decision.
- Review, packaging, and submission of any loan requiring outside underwriting review with follow-up as needed to receive a decision.
- Issuance of a Loan Approval Commitment clearly stating the specific loan approved and terms of the approval, to include all conditions of the loan approval which must be met/satisfied by the applicant(s).
- Re-reviewing and working with the processor(s) and loan originators to restructure loans as may be needed from time to time dependent, upon customer requests and /or changes in qualification conditions.
- Continuous follow-up with both loan originators and processors to receive information needed to render a final decision on suspended loans.
- Review and clearance, as needed, of approval conditions which had been assigned to each loan approved.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected companies!
TBI Mortgage Company At A Glance
We are a subsidiary of Toll Brothers, Inc. (NYSE=TOL), the leading luxury home builder in the U.S.
TBI Mortgage, America's Luxury Home Lender, provides home financing to buyers of Toll Brothers homes as well as to other clients. In 2019, our average loan amount was $490,000 with an average loan-to-value ratio of 72%. In addition, our clients' average credit score was above 750.
- We offer a broad product line with very competitive Conventional and Jumbo pricing.
- As new construction financing experts, we have lending relationship with multiple banks, credit unions and financial institutions. We have delegated Underwriting Authority for Nonconforming mortgage products through multiple correspondent channels.
Does this describe you?
- Understanding and knowledge of retail Mortgage Banking processes.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Effective written, oral, and presenting skills to all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to foster a team environment.
Do you have these qualifications?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 Years Mortgage Loan Underwriting Experience
- VA Automatic and LAPP designation preferred
- FHA DE Designation
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, company-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and much more!
Come see why TBI Mortgage has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
For more Company information, visit: www.tbimortgage.com
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.