LocationToll Brothers - Colorado Springs, Colorado 80920 United States
CategoryProject Management - Single-Family
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredBachelor's Degree
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning company!
Who are we?
For the past five decades, Toll Brothers has been building high-quality homes in the most desirable locations across the country and has earned its place among the elite in the industry. We adapt to the ever-changing home building industry, stay ahead of trends, and nurture a superior culture. Our employees are our family, and we uphold the values that our founders instilled in us from the beginning, creating an exceptional place to work, inclusive to all.
What is the opportunity?
The Management Associate – Community Planning/Architecture role requires candidates who clearly demonstrate and ability to be successfully involved in the planning and implementation of new communities with an emphasis on Architecture. Capable of managing both internal and external teams and projects to successful completion by meeting project schedules, budget and quality standards. Strong collaborator with other departments to provide informed decision‐making throughout the greater organization.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Regular collaboration with counterparts in other groups (such as Design and Engineering,)
- Managing multiple project teams/outside consultants including Architects, engineers, Truss designers, energy code companies etc.
- Responsible for working closely with local building jurisdictions to update existing plans when plans or codes change. Also responsible for acquiring governmental approvals on all new plans
- Assist Design Team in creation/evaluation of design initiatives including new options, styles and details
- Lead, engage and interact with all team members by sharing experiences, issues, resolutions, and best practices
- Provide opportunities for continuous improvement by asking questions, identifying roadblocks and providing suggestions to managers
- Ability to read and understand construction codes
- Work closely with local building department on code related issues and updates
- Ability to systemize permitting process and work collaboratively with co-workers, outside business partners and local jurisdictions to get houses permitted in a timely manor
- Manage work orders and purchase orders for outside vendors
- Ability to learn and operate computer systems such as FAST and Buildpro
- Work closely with the Marketing department to ensure marketing materials are architecturally accurate
- Serve as the division’s “Product Champion” by coordination of ongoing product rationalization efforts
- Work closely with the Community Planning department head to manage the community start-up process from the point the land exits due diligence until the community opens for sale e.g.,
- Community opening work planning, budgets, and timelines to meet or exceed underwriting returns
- Community product catalogue development, including architecture and red-line process
- Model home development and implementation
- Model home decorator and merchandising coordination
- Marketing material preparation
- Sales office buildout
- Coordination of HOA and Metro District documents
- Prepare and maintain agreement of sales documents
- Maintain project profitability workbooks
- Assist in corporate reviews and pricing packages
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adhere to project workflow criteria
- Follow established standards and development procedures
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Data management
- Opportunities for limited business analysis to help senior leadership in decision‐making
- Assist in creation and governance of standards and procedures
All other duties as assigned
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects
- Able to plan and prioritize while focusing on detail orientation and effective time management
- When speaking and writing, uses appropriate grammar, organizes ideas clearly, and articulates ideas concisely
- Able to work with employees among multiple departments
- Able to use imagination and new ideas to produce solutions for the department
- Identifies way to incorporate new practices and ideas into existing framework
Do you have these qualifications?
- Required Education – Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Architecture or related major)
- Required Software – Excel, Word, Bluebeam, Adobe Pro
- Preferred Software – AutoCAD, Sketch-up
- Residential architectural and construction knowledge required
- Project and People Management experience required
- Ability to influence/collaborate with others including internal resources, consultants and remote teams
- 5+ years previous related experience and a minimum of 2+ years of people or project management experience
Valid driver’s license
Come see why Toll Brothers has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers aims to train and develop talent from within. Take advantage of the tremendous growth potential Toll Brothers offers!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.