Land Development Manager
LocationToll Brothers - Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034 United States
CategoryLand Development - Management
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredA college degree is preferred but not required
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning company!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers, America's leading builder of luxury homes, seeks a Land Development Manager to help fuel growth in our division in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
What is the opportunity?
The Land Development Manager will manage engineering design, estimating, budgeting, development, and dedication of site improvements of our communities and assist with feasibility studies (due diligence) for new acquisitions.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Field Operations
- Overseeing daily land development field operations on multiple projects
- Managing contractors, verifying work completed/monitoring progress
- Meeting with governmental agencies/inspectors/HOA’s
- Coordinating land development work with homebuilding operations
- Project dedication and bond release work
- Request proposals, preparation & bid solicitation, negotiation, award, and contracting for professional services, attorneys & consultants
- Manage & direct engineering & professional consultant objectives, schedules & work product
- Facilitate project approvals/entitlements/land use and zoning changes through coordination with sellers, brokers, agency review staff, governmental officials, elected officials, & Toll Ops.
- Initiate & obtain wetlands permits, Environmental Site Assessments, noise, fiscal & transportation studies as needed for approvals & Zoning efforts
- Work with utility consultants & provide load requirements & assist with franchise utilities (electric, gas, telephone, CATV, water, sewer) dry utility layout
- Assist with preparation of HOA documents, possibly serve on HOA BOD’s
- Track, monitor, update project approvals timelines & schedules & routinely distribute to team
- Office Operations
- Establish & maintain accurate project development schedules
- Establish & maintain accurate project development budgets
- Invoice review/approval/coding, issuing Purchase Orders & Change Orders
- Analyses and negotiations of bids/contracts/change orders
- Land Acquisition Support – Assist or lead with project Due Diligence efforts (entitlements & approvals, development schedules & budgets)
- Entitlements and approvals management (coordinating with consultants, performing plan review & value engineering)
- Bond maintenance
- All other duties as assigned
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
You have experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- Analytical Thinking: Able to collect, sort and analyze data: Advanced
- Communicating: Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels, both internally and externally: Advanced
- Construction Drawing Comprehension: Advanced
- Initiative: A self-starter, able to identify problems and solve them: Advanced
- Technical Knowledge:
- Scheduling Software: Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Suite: Intermediate
- Entitlements/Due Diligence – Intermediate
Do you have these qualifications?
- 3+ years’ experience in Land Development Management
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Value engineering
- Ability to improvise/adapt/overcome obstacles
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- EIT or Professional Engineering License
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers and Toll Land Development have been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.