LocationToll Brothers - Orlando, Florida 32801 United States
CategoryArchitecture - Architectural Services
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredAssociate Degree
Job TypeFull Time
Join a top-rated employer!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Architecture, a national full-service Toll Brothers company seeks a Job Captain to coordinate, organize, and lead project teams at our division office in Orlando, Florida.
What is the opportunity?
Capable of managing both internal and external teams and projects to successful completion by meeting project schedules, budget and quality standards. Strong collaborator with other stacks to provide informed decision?making throughout the greater organization. Opportunities to stretch skills may be provided by working on special professional or division specific assignments
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Regular collaboration with counterparts in other groups (such as Design and Engineering,)
- Managing multiple project teams/ outside consultants
- Assist Design Team in creation/evaluation of design initiatives including new options, styles and details
- Assist Architectural Operations team with new technology projects discovery and design phases
- Lead, engage and interact with all team members by sharing experiences, issues, resolutions, and best practices
- Provide opportunities for continuous improvement by asking questions, identifying roadblocks and providing suggestions to managers
- Project Management/Quality Control
- Responsible for meeting project deadlines, budget and quality Projects include new construction documents, lot specifics, and revisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and understand construction codes
- Ability to identify, collect and interpret relevant information needed for the project
- Collaborate with other project stakeholders
- Adhere to project workflow criteria
- Follow established standards and development procedures
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Data management
- Opportunities for limited business analysis to help senior leadership in decision?making
- Assist in creation and governance of standards and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects
- Able to plan and prioritize while focusing on detail orientation and effective time management
- When speaking and writing, uses appropriate grammar, organizes ideas clearly, and articulates ideas concisely
- Able to work with employees among multiple departments
- Able to use imagination and new ideas to produce solutions for the department
- Identifies way to incorporate new practices and ideas into existing framework
Do you have these qualifications?
- Required Education – Associate degree or equivalent vocational/technical certification
- Required Software – AutoCAD, Excel, Word
- Architectural and construction knowledge required
- Project and People Management experience required
- Ability to influence/collaborate with others including internal resources, consultants and remote teams.
- 5+ years previous related experience and a minimum of 2+ years of people or project management experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred Education – Bachelor of Architecture
- Additional Preferred (but not required) Software – SketchUp, BIM360
- Residential experience preferred
- Ability to influence/collaborate with others including internal resources, consultants, and remote teams
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Architecture has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.