Assistant Land Development Manager
LocationToll Brothers - Greenville, South Carolina 29601 United States
CategoryLand Development - Trainee
Percentage Travel Required10-20%
Education RequiredA college degree is preferred but not required
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning company!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers, America's Leading Luxury Home Builder, seeks an Assistant Land Development Manager to entitle, develop, and dedicate site improvements for our new luxury communities around Greenville, South Carolina.
What is the opportunity?
The Assistant Land Development Manager will assist in the estimating, budgeting, development and dedication of site improvements for our communities.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Field Operations
- Oversight of daily land development field operations
- Assist in managing contractors, verifying work completed/monitoring progress
- Participate in meetings with government agencies/inspectors/HOA’s
- Organizing land development work with homebuilding operations
- Project dedication and bond release work support
- Office Operations
- Assist in the development/maintenance/management of project development schedules
- Assist in the development of budgets
- Invoice review/coding, issuing Purchase Orders & Change Orders
- Help in the analysis of bids/contracts/change orders
- Project Due Diligence efforts (entitlements & approvals, development schedules & budgets)
- All other duties as assigned.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
- You have the experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills
- Analytical thinking, able to collect, sort and analyze data
- Communicating: able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels, both internally and externally
- Beginner construction drawing comprehension
- Self starter, able to identify problems and initiate ways to solve them
- Beginner knowledge of scheduling software
- Beginner knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Beginner knowledge of entitlements/due diligence
Do you have these qualifications?
- Recent College Graduate or up to 1-year Relevant (Engineering, Construction Management) Experience
- Ability to interpret construction plans
- Ability to perform quantity takeoffs from plans
- Ability to learn all aspects of site development which includes grading, storm drainage, sanitary sewer, and water systems and roadways
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Land Development has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.