Assistant Design Studio Consultant
LocationToll Brothers - Dayton, New Jersey 08810 United States
CategoryDesign Center - Color/Options Selection
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredCollege Degree Not Required
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning company!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers, America's Luxury Home Builder, seeks an Assistant Design Studio Consultant to assist new home buyers with color & options selections, and sales of upgrades at our Design Center in Dayton, New Jersey.
What is the opportunity?
The Asst. Design Studio Consultant position is responsible for assisting the Design Studio Consultants in guiding the buyer through the selection of Included Features and Available Personal Choices (options/upgrades), thoroughly and on-time, while adhering to company policies and procedures and representing the company by keeping in line with the builder’s code of ethics, values, and mission statement. This position will Interact with other departments as needed (i.e. Purchasing, Marketing, Accounting, Conveyancing, Construction, Customer Care, etc.) and will be tasked with completing required paperwork accurately and timely. Proficiency with department specific technology is necessary.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Assist Prospective Buyers/Home Buyers with Tours/Options Selections
- Meet with prospective buyers to share knowledge and excitement about Design Studio environment, procedures, and available products. Assist deposit tours as needed
- Provide scripted tours of Design Studio environment, delivered in a professional manner, well-articulated, and with positive energy
- Preview night tour responsibilities include assisting the with meet/greet, present chosen tour categories, set up & clean up
- Be familiar with product and house warranty specifics and be able to communicate this to buyers
- Work as a team with Design Studio Consultant during Options Selections appointments to enter selections and adhere to predetermined deadlines for selections, change requests,
- Administrative Functions
- Complete Buyer selection paperwork accurately and provide to Consultant by deadline provided
- Navigate the Toll Intranet for product and builder information
- Utilize Pivotal software and Excel to enter home selections and options.
- Interact with internal mortgage company personnel as needed to confirm buyer affordability
- Submit paperwork to buyers for final authorization through DocuSign and process through SDW to internal business partners, as directed by Consultant
- Prepare and double-check final document package for accuracy and submit to construction team.
- Process special requests with appropriate approvals from management
- Answer phones as needed
- Interdepartmental Communication and Studio Merchandising
- Provide status updates to Consultant and Design Studio Manager
- Provide buyer feedback internally
- Maintain communication with on-site Sales Consultants
- Walk-through with sales/construction/marketing personnel of all merchandised models
- Execute selections for QDH inventory homes as needed by communities
- Ensures samples in good standing, labelled, and available for pricing
- Maintain Design Studio physical appearance, keep samples in order
- Continuing Education/Meeting Attendance
- Field visits as Tour community models, QDH homes and homes in production
- Walk-through with Design Studio Consultant each floorplan (once per plan) to ensure understanding of home construction, floorplan layout (including structural options) and installation of Included Features and Available Personal Choices
- Attend education sessions/training from trade partners regarding included features and available personal choices, as well as internal company training regarding construction, new communities/floor plans Attend product knowledge meetings monthly and/or quarterly
- Stay current on home product trends and/or design styles/colors via (vendor trainings, online research, etc.)
Don't miss this exceptional opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
- When speaking and writing, uses appropriate grammar, organizes ideas clearly, and articulates ideas concisely
- Applies creative problem-solving to address business needs and issues
- Able to plan and prioritize while focusing on detail orientation and effective time management.
- Must be able to handle the challenges related to customer service of clients
- Must have gift of hospitality, thoroughly enjoy interacting with others, and have an amiable, outgoing and pleasant demeanor
- Able to work with employees among multiple departments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to utilize the department specific technologies to solve business challenges
- Participate in continuing education as needed
Do you have these qualifications?
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Patience, empathy and good listening skills
- Weekend and evening availability
- Experience in a Sales-oriented role, assisting buyers with options and selection and timely follow-up on customer issues
- Blend of design coordination (colors, textures, finishes & styles) and sales experience
- An Interior Design degree or design coordination experience with a homebuilder/developer is a plus
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.