Area Landscape Manager
LocationToll Brothers - River Vale, New Jersey 07675 United States
CategoryLandscape - Management
Percentage Travel RequiredNone
Education RequiredCollege Degree Not Required
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning company!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
TOLL LANDSCAPE, is celebrating 20+ successful years in business as one of the country’s most prestigious landscape design-build-maintain company. We are a subsidiary of Toll Brothers, the nation’s leading builder of luxury homes.
We are expanding our operations and have an immediate opportunity for a Area Landscape Manager for our operations in River Vale, New Jersey.
What is the opportunity?
The Area Landscape Manager is responsible for leading all landscape construction related activities within their assigned area. This role works with Toll Brothers onsite construction and sales teams, as well as homebuyers to ensure all finished landscape and hardscape jobs are competed on time, on budget and provide an exceptional customer experience.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Lead a team of sales, production, and subcontractors to achieve production and budgetary/financial goals
- Provide performance evaluations, identify strengths and opportunities for growth and improvement
- Help to provide employees with opportunities to further develop strengths and address opportunities for growth
- Resource planning based on production needs and priorities; delegate work based on staff competencies
- Approve landscape sales designer custom job estimates, ensure all materials and permits are ordered, schedule labor/contractors for completion based on Toll Brothers construction schedule
- Initiate and prepare proposals for entrances, models, clubhouses, street trees and overall site plantings for Toll Brothers projects
- Manage job and overhead costs for preparation of a monthly income statement
- Provide information and collaborate cross-functional stakeholder to generate an accurate annual budget for the area that needs to be approved by senior leadership
- Perform pre-construction meetings with homebuyers and Toll stakeholders
- Travel to job sites to inspect and ensure construction standards are achieved
- Manage the warranty process
- All other duties as assigned
Don't miss this opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
- Able to manage projects involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring, and utilizing the necessary resources and skills within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality
- Understands, interprets, and can teach others how to read architectural and engineering plans
- Ability to plan and prioritize while focusing on detail orientation and effective time management
- When speaking and writing, uses appropriate grammar, organizes ideas clearly, and articulates ideas concisely
- Demonstrated capability to communicate and resolve issues with customers and team members.
- Ability to manage individuals and groups
- Optimize performance of people, including determination of capabilities, integration into teams, allocation of tasks, direction, support, guidance, motivation, and management of performance
- Provides effective feedback, throughout the performance management cycle, to ensure optimum performance
- Participates, as appropriate, in formal processes such as compensation negotiations and disciplinary procedures
- Applies creative problem-solving to address business needs and issues
- Provides assistance, information, or support to others as needed
Do you have these qualifications?
- 6+ years of experience leading a Landscape Construction operation installing high end residential Landscaping, Hardscaping, Lighting and Outdoor Living
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Degree in Horticulture or Landscape Contracting
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers/Toll Landscape has been retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
Toll Landscape is a full-service design-build company offering custom landscape architecture, installation and maintenance to Toll Brothers home buyers through our landscape divisions in:
- Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Central and southern New Jersey
- Northern Virginia
- Southeastern Florida
For more company information, visit www.tolllandscape.com
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.