Staff Internal Auditor
LocationToll Brothers - Scottsdale, Arizona 85258 United States
CategoryAccounting - Accounting/Tax
Percentage Travel RequiredUp to 25%
Education RequiredBachelor's Degree
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning company!
Who are we?
Since 1967, Toll Brothers has been building luxury homes and communities in the best locations in the U.S. Today, we’re a Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 markets across more than 20 states. We’re the country’s premier luxury builder with the widest range of products in the industry, including traditional single-family homes, active adult, hi-rise condos, apartment rentals, urban redevelopment, and student housing.
From the homes we build to the talent we recruit, we know that to be the best, we have to work with the best. Toll Brothers is a place where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and where employees of all backgrounds are treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We believe every employee should feel safe to be their true and authentic self at work. Our employees are our family, and we strive to uphold the values that our founders instilled in us, creating an exceptional place to work that is inclusive to all.
Toll Brothers, America's Luxury Home Builder, seeks a Staff Internal Auditor for our office in Scottsdale, Arizona.
What is the opportunity?
This position is expected to plan, perform and communicate audit engagements, both individually or working with a small team. This position will be assigned audit engagements that are of moderate complexity and will lead audit engagements. This position would interface with all levels of management and work closely with Accounting and the company’s external auditors.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Lead moderately complex planning, scoping, execution and reporting of operational, financial, and compliance value-added internal audits in accordance with professional standards.
- Develop and present clear and concise reports on the results of audit examinations, including identifying risks and making recommendations to help mitigate the risks.
- Support the internal audit team (internal and third-party providers in the annual assessment of the effective of internal controls over financial reporting for SOX purposes, and help ensure the company meets all annual SOX compliance requirements.)
- Coordinate and plan assignments, book travel, expense reporting, staff meetings and other administrative duties.
- Review less-complex workpaper and audit reports for accuracy and completeness.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
Does this describe you?
- Communication skills: Advanced ability to communicate audit results with all levels of management
- Organizational skills: Intermediate ability to manage multiple projects or assignments
- Analytical skills: Advanced ability to gather and analyze information
- Sarbanes-Oxley Knowledge: Familiarity with internal control over financial reporting and significant accounting policies impacting the company
- Auditing: Familiarity with the IIA Professional Practices Framework
Do you have these qualifications?
- BS in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of auditing or related experience
- Understanding of risk-based internal auditing
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Technologically fluent
- Solid ethical foundation
- Ability to travel (up to 35%)
- CIA or CPA certification
- Committed to lifelong learning
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Brothers has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Toll Brothers is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Toll Brothers will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.