Director of Architectural Standards
LocationToll Architecture - Horsham, Pennsylvania 19044 United States
CategoryArchitecture - Architectural Services
Percentage Travel Required25%
Education RequiredBachelor's Degree
Job TypeFull Time
Join an award-winning company!
Toll Architecture, a national full-service Toll Brothers company, seeks a Director of Architectural Standards to research, develop, and coordinate architectural materials, systems, and details pertaining to all types of residential wood-frame construction.
In this role, you will collaborate with our Purchasing team, in-house and outside architects, and manufacturers to ensure that material specifications and design details are seamlessly coordinated among these three groups. In addition, this role will involve collaboration with our Quality Control division to ensure that the design is properly implemented during construction. Building code-related research and analysis, as well as interaction with outside professional organizations with regard to development and implementation of best practice methodologies, are required, as is travel to our divisions to understand local building traits, so research and development on locally appropriate details can be performed.
This role will require experience in or knowledge of:
- Critical evaluation of building performance
- Knowledge and passion for architectural detailing
- Determination of appropriate use and selection of materials
- Development of building enclosure details and specifications
Don't miss this opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 500 companies!
2019 WORLD’S MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES LIST
#1 in Home Building Five Years in a Row
- FORTUNE magazine
- A Bachelor or Master of Science in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Building and Construction Technology, or a similar degree
- Seven or more years of experience as a registered architect
- Strong project management skills with a history of successful interaction and coordination with interdisciplinary staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to assume or a history of leadership roles in local or national professional organizations
- The ability to work in the field and to travel outside the local area as necessary
- Experience with design and construction of building enclosures (specifically: fenestration systems, insulation and air barriers, cladding assemblies, roofing, and waterproofing systems) is a plus
- Knowledge of the principles of moisture storage, management, and transport within enclosure materials and assemblies is also a plus
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, discounts on mortgages, homes, appliances, and much more!
Come see why Toll Architecture has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!